Sunday, July 17, 2011

Red Velvet Brownies and Getting back on Track...

red velvet brownies?
say it isn't so!!!!!
oh, but it is!:)

but first things first...
my 14 year old...my BUSY 14 year old,
says she misses my blog,
that I need to get it going again.
hmmm...I'm flattered she misses this silly thing...
but girlfriend, one of the reasons I DON'T blog more is
YOU keep me busy! 
 (hahaha...but I wouldn't have it any other way:)

so here I am,
starting my little online journal...AGAIN:)
but it's all GOOD, right?

now...RED VELVET BROWNIES...
OMG!!!!!
are these delicious, gorgeous and mouth watering all in one
or WHAT???
oh...and you will probably gain 10lbs...
but you will LOVE doing it:)
The recipe, from Howsweeteats is below...



Red Velvet Brownies
1/2 cup butter, at room temperature
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
3 tablespoons cocoa powder
2 tablespoons red food coloring
2/3 cups chocolate chips (optional)
Preheat oven to 350.
Butter and flour an 8 x 8 cake pan.
In a small bowl, combine cocoa powder, red food coloring, and 1 teaspoon vanilla to create a paste.
In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream butter and sugar until fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, then add remaining teaspoon of vanilla. With the mixer on medium speed, add in cocoa powder mixture. Beat until batter is completely red. (If at this time your batter is NOT red, you can add a little more food coloring if desired. Color will depend on brand.) Add flour and salt, mixing until just combined. Fold in chocolate chips.
Spread in the 8 x 8 pan. Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Let cool completely before frosting.
**** We found that they were done at 25 min. and guess what...
they were WAY better the next day.
Re: frosting, we went with a cream cheese but you could also
use a white chocolate buttercream:)
you're welcome...for the great recipe and the extra pounds:)
XOXOXOXOXOXO
Suzanne

2 comments:

  1. Ah, bless your daughter!!

    Those brownies look yummy!!

    S x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Give your daughter a hug for me. I'm so glad you're kickstarting this blog! :)

    And the brownies looks soooo good!

    ReplyDelete

So, what do ya think? Do tell...I'd love to hear it:) Be Happy...

Follow Me on Pinterest

Blog Top Sites