Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Parlez-vous Francais?

Me neither...but I'm learning! Good thing, too, since I just found out my style is "French Eclectic". Whew...and I just thought it was chaotic! hahaha

Yes, we're talking about decorating here folks! I just took a quiz at this website , which I first discovered at Shabby Nest, to find out my decorating style. You have to check it out but follow the instructions re: how to really look at the photos for the best read of your style. Anyway...drumroll please...

I am 50% French Eclectic

and 50% Nantucket Style

I LOVE IT!!!!!

What does it all mean???

French Eclectic


Parlez-vous français? Even if the answer is no, you can confidently say your home does! French Country, like its name, somehow manages to both be formal and casual, classy and unassuming at the same time. You like your spaces to feel inviting from the moment you (or your guest) opens the front door and this feeling should continue even after you've entered your most formal room. Even though there are French antiques here and gold details there, the rustic elements provide a balance and warmth that seems to say, "come in, relax and stay a while." Your love of antiques leads you to flea markets, garage sales and hours of eBay hunting.



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Nantucket Style

Oh how you love the beach! Who doesn't, right? And so your dream home is either perched in your favorite beach town, or you've brought that favorite beach town into your house.


6 comments:

  1. I love both of those styles too, although I haven't taken the quiz yet. Who doesn't love shabby white and cool blues together?! I've been flea marketing around town just for decorating ideas and lovin' it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going over there to take the quiz now! LOL! I'm such a sucker for quizzes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very fun! I am going to go take that quiz now too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooh so nice

    i love it

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love both styles. I have to go take the quiz now...

    ReplyDelete

So, what do ya think? Do tell...I'd love to hear it:) Be Happy...

Follow Me on Pinterest

Blog Top Sites