Friday, October 22, 2010

Oops...HO, HO, HO!

(For those who got this twice, I'm so sorry.  I accidentally posted yesterday without it being complete:)

 I can't help myself.
I'm one of those people who LOVE the anticipation of the
Holiday season!
(Notice the countdown at the top of my blog)

I know, I know...next week is Halloween and next month, Thanksgiving.
But as my girls get older Halloween isn't a big deal and we happen to live in a BORING neighborhood. 
Plus,
I HATE TURKEY.

There, I admitted it!
I think it all started the year my friend convinced me to order a "fresh" turkey from this specialty market in town about 10 years ago.
It was so gamey I thought I would be sick.
NOT a good feeling at the Thanksgiving table!!! :)
I wish I liked it when I hear of others enjoying it year round:)
Maybe if it is a tiny piece of white meat
buried under MOUNDS of mashed potatoes and gravy, I can eat it.
I DO love sweet potato casserole, pumpkin pie and stuff like that
which means I could potentially gain 20 lbs in one day.
And since it's always really hot and sunny down here at Thanksgiving,
I'd just as soon give thanks while sitting by the Christmas tree that I put up early...
and in the case of this year, REALLY early.
I mean, we have been in full Nutcracker mode around here for awhile now.
so let's just get on with it. 

Because I'm ready!
Christmas makes me HAPPY and you DO want me to be happy, right? 
So before you throw Halloween candy at me, look at what I found...
SHOPPING LISTS!

Yep, I'm here to help you with your shopping.
Funny, because the other day my sister sent me an email asking how I was doing on my shopping.
Ummm...haven't done ANY! 
I have lots of IDEAS...but that's it.

Awhile back I told you about a site called iMOM...and if you haven't checked it out, you're missing a site with GREAT ideas and inspirational parenting tips for all ages.
Today, they had these lists to download and use for Christmas shopping.
Aren't they AMAZING?


You can click on this link to get your own lists...
 
And how about being organization?
Oh my gosh, I struggle with this when it ISN'T the Holidays:)
Did you know there is a "Christmas Organization" site,
http://christmas.organizedhome.com/christmas-countdown/calendar
complete with calendars, weekly planners, daily tips and checklists?
From what I could tell, it was pretty reasonable and doable.
(I actually had to google that word to see if it WAS a word:)
The calendar is broken down by week with titles such as
  • get organized
  • reality check
  • gifts and giving
  • get cooking
  • decorate
  • celebrate
...all while remembering what's REALLY important!
And, they are good enough to include Halloween and Thanksgiving 
in their Holiday checklist:)

Okay, I'm off to start making my lists!
(soon, a few gift ideas from me to you...
so you don't end up like THIS guy...although I HAVE been there...minus the snow:)

11 comments:

  1. Hooray for the holiday season coming up! Not sure if I can eat turkey this year because my neighborhood has all these wild turkeys and they're kinda cute, ha :)

    P.S. Thanks for your sweet comment on my pumpkins!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm right there with you because I LOVE the Christmas season too! I bypass Halloween and go right to the Christmasy stuff. I'm getting brave because next week I'm starting to share some Christmas stuff on my blog! Hooray for the holidays!

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too cute! I don't blame you for catching the Christmas bug early. I must admit to just feeling the early twinges myself. Hope you have a terrific weekend Suzanne!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your enthusiasm is catchy my friend. I am super excited for Christmas this year with Benjamin too, it should be our best ever!

    I was hoping we might get a peek at your super early Christmas tree, or are you still trimming?

    And, of course we want to see you happy, what a silly question!

    Blessings to you and have a great weekend!

    Trudy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hate turkey too! LOL....I actually love Thanksgiving because for us, it's the kickoff to the BEST holiday--Christmas.

    Roselle

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm right there with you sista - although I love turkey! I've followed Organized Christmas for a few years and it really helps.

    Enjoy the planning and the prep!

    Leann

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey there friend! I hope all is well with you and your family. I have been so busy this month and no time for blogging. I'm with you--I love Christmas! I also love Thanksgiving (sorry). I have been doing Thanksgiving for our family for the last 25 years! (18-23 people). Everyone depends on ME! They are lucky because I love to cook! I have a great sweet potato casserole with a pecan/brown sugar topping that is wonderful. I'll have to send it to you when I get it. It is in Maryland at the moment. After turkey day, I can get into Christmas. Are you putting your trees up after Halloween??
    Take care, and will talk soon.
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Suzanne,
    Thank you for your beautiful presence at my place. Thank you so dearly for the comment on my art feed the soul !!

    I am like you girl the minute its October I want to rush it all the way to December! I think what I love most is the time it take to prepare meals, tasty treats and create beautiful things for the home and friends.

    I am so glad to see there is someone like me out there :)
    see you soon!
    xoxo
    Dore

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your excitement is contageous! I'm reminded of two years ago when my son Buddy raised turkeys for our Thanksgiving Dinner and he was so proud but each bite I took seemed to get bigger and bigger just thinking about ole Tom when he was a little thing with his baby feathers. For some reason Butterball just does not conjure up the same emotions. Hugs, Mollye

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you SO much for these links and for this happy and festive post! I am so happy to find another person who loves Christmastime as much as I do!

    Best wishes,
    Natasha.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Okay while I'm starting to get just a little, tiny bit excited about Christmas, it's just not time to shop or get too excited now! And me? I loooove Turkey!

    ReplyDelete

So, what do ya think? Do tell...I'd love to hear it:) Be Happy...

Follow Me on Pinterest

Blog Top Sites