Friday, February 26, 2010

Black and White...

...with just a hint of color.
I'm talking about hand-colored photos...

one of my very favorite things.

I love the simplicity of black and white photos...
as well as the softness that a touch of color brings.
Nothing too bold...
I prefer the photos that are sepia or black and white with pastel coloring.
They have a certain vintage appeal...

I first discovered this years ago when a photographer took this photo
of my girls running on the beach...

and hand colored it.

I would love to learn to do this...
Just to be able to add a pop of color to a few photos now and then.
But how???
I recently heard that you can now do this digitally with photoshop.
Do any of you have photoshop and if so,
do you know if this can be done?

Here are a few more for you to see what I'm talking about...







Mom, this next one's for you since I know how much you LOVE flamingos. (hahaha)



I hope these make your Friday a bit more beautiful!


10 comments:

  1. OMG - those are GORGEOUS!!!!!! I love that effect!

    Have a great weekend!

    ~ Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  2. My daughter has photo paper pencils that you can buy at an art store and manually do it yourself. Sounds archaic in this digital age, but may be fun for you!
    That photo of the girls on the beach is precious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW, those are beautiful! Your girls on the beach is so pretty. Love the flamingos too!
    I have photoshop, but have no idea how to use it yet. I'm thinking about taking a class on it because I'd love to use it.
    Have a great weekend!
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  4. gorgeous, i have no idea how to do this :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Incredibly gorgeous pictures! The first one of the girls is beyond lovely...I'm sure you just cherish it. I really like the flamingos too. If you find out how to do this, you'll have to share a little tutorial on your blog, I LOVE these pics!

    God bless my friend! Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh yes aren't they pretty. So soft and romantic. I have a very sad story involving photoshop which I want so very badly, however I have taken the b/w photos many times and colored them lightly with colored pencils and they come out so beautifully. Even the images you print if they are on glossy photo paper.
    They're really fun to play around with. Hugs, Mollye

    ReplyDelete
  7. OH those photos are just so pretty.. Love the one of your girls on the beach,, how adorable they are... I have always wanted to do the same thing too,,, but don't know how either,, good luck with your quest.. Have a great weekend

    Hugs;
    Alaura

    ReplyDelete
  8. you did such a great job..
    i absolutely love the first one..

    ReplyDelete
  9. Totally gorgeous!
    Happy Pink Saturday and a wonderful weekend.
    "My Pink Saturday"

    ReplyDelete

So, what do ya think? Do tell...I'd love to hear it:) Be Happy...

Follow Me on Pinterest

Blog Top Sites