Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Yikes!!!

So there I was, making dinner and watching a favorite TV show.
Had a nice day.
One daughter at ballet.
The other working on a research paper.
When the phone rang.
Me: "Hello"
K : "OMG...Suzanne, you will not believe what was walking
between your house and the neighbors, crossed the street to my yard,
sniffed around the basketball hoop
and then wandered into the empty lot!!!!
Me: "Ummm...do I really want to know this???"
K: "Yes!!! It is the BIGGEST Florida Panther you have ever seen!"



In case you're wondering, I am not one of those people who gets a kick out of living in the Discovery Channel.
I am used to seeing a bobcat in my back yard.
But now I'm thinking it wasn't a bobcat but a baby panther...
because it did look like this.

Beautiful in a wild kind of way.
So what's the big deal?
I walk my dogs at night...sometimes more than once.
And sometimes Maui gets spooked by things I can't hear or see...
but he drags me home anyway.
And this dog LOVES his walks so that is always kind of
Creeeeppppyyy!!!!!!!
And little Freddy is getting older so sometimes
I just let him run down the stairs, do his thing and then come back in.
(Look at my boy in his "mohawk" hairdo:-)


I have a Key West style home,
meaning we go up the stairs to get in the front door...
and the area under the stairs is open...
very pretty...
and now very creepy.
ANYTHING could be under there.



There have been times my dogs go out the front door
and just sniff under the stairs as they go down.
Like I said...YIKES!!!
Well, that's my news for the day.
See ya...





10 comments:

  1. YIKES! And I get upset if I hear o'possum in the middle of the night! You've got me hands beat!

    ~ Jennifer
    http://thetoyboxyears.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow! I just can't even imagine, yikes is right! I saw a fox the other day, and I still get a little afraid with Stella even on a leash. I would FOR SURE keep Freddy, both, on a leash. I know we can get lazy, and it easy just to let them do their thing, but I don't think it is worth it. My husband walks on the porch, and lets Stella do her thing, and I don't like it, especially when it is dark! We have a big, dark yard and she like to wander and sniff.
    Oh well, just keep your eyes open and be careful!
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for stopping by my blog and commenting! I'm so glad you'll be joining 'spread the love!' Love your blog too! What a cute place :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, that is really creepy! I would be way too freaked to even go outside by myself, let alone with the dogs!

    I will say a prayer for you, Maui and Freddy to all stay safe!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG!!! I would be terrified to be outside!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Suzanne sweetie...
    Thanks for stopping by this evening. Oh this report is so scary. Please exit the house with much caution when taking out sweet Freddy. How scary. I think I would report this siting to the officials, and they might keep a look out in your area. Surely?

    You and the girls must also be careful, when there is a baby around, there is a Moma close by.

    Now you and the neighbors have to be on a panther watch. The things us Moms have to do to keep our families safe.

    Have a beautiful day tomorrow sweetie. Thanks so much for stopping by and saying hi. I so love to come and see what the girls are up to. They are just precious. Country hugs sweetie...Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  7. Okay...that is very scary.

    I would keep that adorable little doggie by you at all times, and your girls too...
    Just keep your eyes open.

    You have such a beautiful blog BTW... :)
    Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh dear...Miss Janice doesn't do panthers and neither does her puppy Coco Chanel! Good Lord, I'd be a wreck! Oh my gosh, I don't know what I'd do???

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well at least it's more interesting than where I live. We have an old lady who dribbles over herself, that's about it.

    ReplyDelete

So, what do ya think? Do tell...I'd love to hear it:) Be Happy...

Follow Me on Pinterest

Blog Top Sites