the little girl you used to take to story hour
is now reading the books at story hour.
...or when your Sunday afternoon is spent teaching her to drive
around the neighborhood...in a real car.
Actually, it was fun.
We had a lot of laughs and only once did I yell "STOP...BRAKES"!!!:-)
Read on for a list of things that children know...
and most adults have forgotten
- Speak up.
- Hang on tight.
- Sometimes it's smart to be scared.
- Ask why until you understand.
- You can be anything you want to be.
- Shortcuts aren't always shorter.
- Sometimes two is a crowd.
- Hitting the kid with the ball might get you the ball but it won't get you anyone to throw it to.
- Go barefoot.
- Who cares what happened last week.
- Trust people.
- Insist on doing it yourself.
- More is not always better.
- Look both ways.
- If you wait until you're really sure, you'll never take off the training wheels.
- Make up the rules as you go along.
- Make waves.
- If you don't like the birthday girl, don't go to the party.
- Enjoy the ride.
- It doesn't matter who started it.
- Yell if you want to be heard.
- People know when you're letting them win.
- Be silly.
- If your mother wants to hold your hand, there's probably a good reason.
- You have to love your brother even if he doesn't deserve it.
- Don't forget to say your prayers.
- Using a word you don't understand can be embarrassing.
- If you're going to laugh, laugh out loud.
- Know what you like.
- One thing you can't pretend to be is funny.
- Homesick is the worst kind of sick.
- Don't always act your age.
- Recess is the best part.
- Drink milk.
- Believe in Santa Claus.
- Where you're going is more important than where you stand.
- A little kiss can make a big difference.
- Once you're wet it doesn't matter how much more you get rained on.
- Hug people for no reason.
- Why buy roses when daisies are free?
- Just do your best.
- If your dog doesn't like someone, you probably shouldn't either.
- Don't pop someone else's bubble.
- Be polite.
- If you're going to take just one step, make it a giant step.
- Wish on the first star.
- Remember to say Thank you.
- It's hard to save the best for last.