Saturday, December 12, 2009

Sugar Plum Fairies and Sisters...


My sweet Taylor is dancing in the Nutcracker this weekend. We are all so excited to see the show. In case you missed my post about it earlier in the year, she has 5 parts, including the parts of demi-solist for the snow scene and soloist (Dew Drop) in Waltz of the Flowers. She has not missed one rehearsal in all these months...and I mean they had a lot of rehearsals. Long rehearsals!!!!! Many nights she danced from 4:30-9:00...and loved every second of it!


To Taylor, I would like to say how very proud we are of you. Watching you dancing so gracefully, smiling brightly for all to see...it is clear you are doing something you love. People always come up to me after the show...people I don't know, telling me what a beautiful girl and beautiful dancer you are. They tell me they couldn't take their eyes off of you, that your smile was so sweet and it was as if you were dancing for them. I am always amazed at this...not because I don't agree because you know I do. But I never stop to think that others are enjoying your performance as much as I am. And they say how nice you are to the other girls, especially the younger ones, helping them with little tips along the way.



We can't wait to see you in the Nutcracker and we will enjoy every moment of every scene, clapping loudly with tears in our eyes...tears of joy! I love you!


There is also another person who makes us proud, who does everything she can to help you follow your dream. That would be your sister Jordan, who is your biggest fan. (Well, besides me:-) I know you sometimes get frustrated with her but she thinks you deserve all the best parts all the time:-) While you are backstage preparing for the show, you do not get to see your little sister and how excited she is for you. She loves it and clearly she is very proud of you. She sacrifices a lot for your dancing...sometimes willingly and sometimes not so willingly...but deep down she knows this is what makes you happy and more than anything she wants you to be happy. I feel the same way but I'm your mom...I'm supposed to feel that way:-) Somehow it is even more remarkable coming from your sister.


To Jordan, I am so very proud of you also. In addition to being an amazing daughter, you are so supportive of your sister and understanding when night after night, we have to make that long drive to dance.

You agreed to take tennis lessons at a new location that was in the same part of town as the ballet studio, just to make my life a bit easier. Even though I know you now love it, I realize it was a sacrifice and I am very grateful to you for doing this. Thank you for all that you do to help me...with dinner, the puppies, keeping me company in the car...you know. I couldn't do it without you. I love you, my Starbucks buddy:-)!

Well girlfriends, this has been a crazy December for us. From being sick to dance rehearsals to unexpected company, we are way behind in the usual stuff...like shopping, baking, decorating, watching Christmas movies.

But we are blessed more than most because we have each other.

From the land of sugarplums and marzipans...

Suzanne

12 comments:

  1. you have a beautiful family, inside and out. Enjoy the Nutcracker!
    "Break a leg" Taylor!
    Hope you're all back to health!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet post. Congrats to your daughter and way to go for having such a supportive younger sis.

    I came by to check my follower and subscription status. I have been on Google help for 2 weeks because I have lost tons of subscribers and I get e-mails daily form people telling me they are not receiving my posts.

    Cheri

    ReplyDelete
  3. so glad your daughters are supportive of one another :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Suzanne...
    Congrats to your daughter sweetie. What a wonderful honor. Will you be able to take any pictures? I would so love to see your beautiful Taylor in costume. And how precious of Jordan to make scarifices also. Sometimes the older one does not always see that you are so correct, but I love it that you pointed it out, and blessed her as well.

    Such a beautiful Moma you are. Thank you for sharing, and have a wonderful time at the ballet. I will be there in spirit, as I have never seen the Nutcracker ballet. It is one of those items on my "To Do" list for my lifetime.

    Thank you sweetie. Please stop by and say hi. I so love it when you do.

    Country hugs..."Break a leg" Taylor. Many hugs, Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  5. How exciting for you, she must be an amazing dancer!!!! What a great post, and a amazing sister.. I bet you are going to get teary eyed watching her dance...enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow - I wish I could see it - she sounds amazing!!! You need to get us a video :-)!!!! Youtube it!!!

    They just grow more and more beauitful everyday!!!

    What an amazing mom you are...you are truly the one who has made large sacrifices to see her dreams come true. You are an excellent example to me - as I'm just at the beginning of all of this!

    Thanks!
    Courtney

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have tears in my eyes...you have some incredible girls there...beautiful on the inside AND the outside with such big and generous hearts. I so wish I could have been there to see the show this weekend with you...we could ALL hit Starbucks afterward.

    Hope you have a wonderful time at the show and be sure to cheer for me. I agree with Courtney, we really do need some type of video!

    Blessings to you all.

    Trudy

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Nutcracker will be especially beautiful this year!

    ReplyDelete
  9. how fun...enjoy with your beautiful family..

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is really exciting! I love the Ballet!

    What a great blog! I am following you from MBC!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi there, what a sweet post. It brought tears to my eyes! How incredibly luck you are. Your girls are too--having a mother who is so incredibly proud of them as well!
    I hope you are having a wonderful Holiday season!
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete

So, what do ya think? Do tell...I'd love to hear it:) Be Happy...

Follow Me on Pinterest

Blog Top Sites