Monday, September 26, 2011

prayers, puppies, pumpkins and pics...

oh yeah...
lots and lots of things to talk about today...
and they all start with the letter "P"!

PRAYERS...
yes my friends, i need your prayers.
 i was up in Michigan last week as my dad was told he needed
emergency heart surgery.
long story short...he DOES need the surgery but not quite as quickly 
as they thought...seeings how he is STILL in the hospital
waiting for it.
 but we are told it will be this week...
which is why i need your prayers.
for my dad...a truly WONDERFUL father,
 for the doctors who will be operating,
for my mom...
 who is being so strong and has great FAITH... 
 but is still scared like the rest of us.
for his children and grandchildren...

and also for all of the MANY people who have been blessed
to call him a FRIEND.

i made this little picture/quote up
while flying to be with him last week... 

i looked at my blog "stats" today,
and saw that over the weekend and today, i have had
visitors from the following countries...
United States...2,533 visitors
Canada...151 visitors
United Kingdom/England...145 visitors
Australia...64 visitors
Philippines...44 visitors
France...41 visitors
Russia...41 visitors
Germany...30 visitors
Italy...30 visitors
Mexico...22 visitors
pretty COOL, huh?
 anyway, I can't wait to tell my dad that people ALL OVER  the world
will be praying for him!!!!!

okay...now that you know about my dad,
let me tell you about my sweet little PUP, Freddy.
 he has to have a tooth pulled tomorrow.
i know...not exactly heart surgery...
but my little buddy is going to have his very own "boo boo" tomorrow.
 the vet said they put him out...and if you knew Freddy Bear,
you'd say that was a great idea:)

PUMPKINS....,
i LOVE sweater pumpkins...
 but had pretty much decided to pass on making them this year.
i mean, we are busy making tutus...
they're hanging all over the
house.
 (go ahead and say it...your poor husband...all that TULLE:)
but he's very cool with it.
although I haven't told him how EARLY we are
planning to put up the Christmas tree this year.
hehehehehe
ANYWAY, i was at goodwill looking for a few plates for plate stands
and i found a some VERY cool sweaters so,
time to make sweater pumpkins.
but these will be in non-traditional colors with some BLING!
i'll post pics soon:)

and speaking of pumpkins,
check out this recipe for....

Pull-Apart Cinnamon Sugar Glazed Pumpkin Bread
(Adapted from Willow Bird Baking)

Ingredients
Bread2 Tbsp unsalted butter
1/2 cup milk
2 1/4 teaspoons (1 envelope) active dry yeast
3/4 cup pumpkin puree
1/4 cup white sugar
1 tsp salt
2 1/2 cups bread flour

1 cup granulated sugar
2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp fresh ground nutmeg
2 Tbsp unsalted butter
Glaze
2 Tbsp unsalted butter
1/8 cup brown sugar
1 1/2 Tbsp milk
3/4 cup powdered sugar


WOW! 
looks so yummy.....i think i gained 10 pounds
just reading the recipe!!!:)

cool PICS...
this one is going ALL OVER my place...
my blogs, my house, my phone, flickr...
 look what you can do while bored and flying at
33,000 feet:)

okay friends, i know i ended this on a light note
because that is how my dad would want it.
i also know you don't know him,
but trust me, this man of God that i call dad
is a truly GOOD man who will be so grateful for your prayers.

so for my dad, i'll say thank you  because
i know people we have never met will be praying for him.
Hugs,
Suzanne...

5 comments:

  1. Dear Suzanne I will be saying prayers for your Dad and your sweet doggie. Enjoy making the pumpkins, I still want to make some this year. I am flying back home tomorrow.
    hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will pray for your father Suzanne. My father had seven by-passes once. He did well and that has been years ago. He is no longer with us but not because of that.

    ANd for your poor doggie. Our Yorkie has been really sick. She had 8 teeth pulled when she was 3. She has four bad molars now but we haven't been able to get her healthy enough to pull them.
    And that one tooth is going to cost you a fortune. Seriously why do they charge so much to do cleaning and pull teeth.
    Making tutus and sweater pumpkins sound like alot of fun during a rough time.
    (((((HUGS))))) and Prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Suzanne,
    Prayers going out for your dad and your mom right now....and your sweet little pup--how adorable!

    I pray that all will go well with your dad...sending hugs and love your way,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my dear,
    Of course I will pray for your father, and all involved. I lost my father years ago to cancer and reading this brings a tear to my eye. May God send his angles to surround and bless you all.
    hugs,
    Gwendolyn

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have said prayers for your Dad with each post I read about him. Tell me he is doing well by now!
    How did the pulled tooth go?
    There are those darn calories again... :)
    WOMAN! Is there nothing you can't cook?
    (hehehe)...
    on I go...

    ReplyDelete

So, what do ya think? Do tell...I'd love to hear it:) Be Happy...

Follow Me on Pinterest

Blog Top Sites