Tuesday, September 27, 2011

a beautiful love letter...

i'm not sure where i came across this out there on the web,
but it is a sweet, touching love letter,
written by former President Ronald Reagan to
his wife, Nancy Reagan.
they always said theirs was a great love story. 
if this letter is any indication, i would have to agree.
(i KNEW i liked that man!:)
here's the letter...
the writing is kind of small so i'll re-write it for you.

"My Darling Wife,
     This note is to warn you of a diabloical plot entered into by some of our so called friends (ha!), calender makers and even some of our own children.  These and others would have you believe we've been maried 20 years.

20 minutes maybe......but never 20 years.  In the first place,  it is a known fact that a human cannot sustain the high level of happiness I feel for more than a few minutes......and my happiness keeps increasing.

I will confess to one puzzlement but I'm sure it is first some trick perpetrated by our friends (Ha again!)  I can't remember ever being without you and I know I was born more than 20 min. ago.

Oh well......that isn't important.  The important thing is I don't want to be without you for the next 20 years, or 40, or however many there are.  I've gotten very used to being happy and I love you very much indeed.

Your Husband of 20 something or other."

so SWEET.
a real life love story.

that's it for today, my shabby friends.
still waiting on news of my Dad.
thank you so much to all of you who have contacted me
and to those of you who popped in for a visit and took the time 
to say a prayer for him.

XOXOXOXOXOXOX
Suzanne

3 comments:

  1. They did have such a loving relationship. They were so cute as a couple.

    ReplyDelete
  2. praying your daddy is doing well.

    i love ronald reagan. i have the book of his love letters to her. precious! & such a tender sweet heart he had

    ReplyDelete

So, what do ya think? Do tell...I'd love to hear it:) Be Happy...

Follow Me on Pinterest

Blog Top Sites