even the hospitals get into it...
here is my mom at an apple cart in the hospital cafeteria.
and while you're there, make "leaf angels"
and have a leaf fight! haha
southern plate.com and as they say...
they are "FOOLPROOF"
and NO, they do not taste like biscuits,
even though you make them with a can of biscuits:)
here is the recipe...
- 1 ten count can Texas style buiscuits (or your preference, just not flaky layers)
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 1 1/2 Tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 stick margarine, melted
- Vegetable Oil For Frying
- Pour oil into skillet to the depth of a little less than 1/2 an inch and heat on medium to medium high for about five minutes. In a bowl, melt margarine. In a separate bowl, combine cinnamon and sugar.
- Using a plastic bottle cap, cut the center out of each biscuit. Drop dough into hot oil, watching carefully and turning when golden. Once doughnuts are golden on both sides, remove to paper towel lined plate. Repeat until all dough is cooked, including doughnut holes.
- Dip both sides of each doughnut into melted margarine, then press both sides into cinnamon sugar mixture. Serve warm.
- don't make them while you are home alone...you might eat them ALL! hahaha