Sunday, January 25, 2009

16 Random Things About Me

This is something going around facebook. You write your 16 things and "tag" others to write theirs. (16 being a 'random" number:-) It actually was kind of fun to do so I thought I would post my list here.

16 Random Things About Me...

1. My favorite verse is "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."
Phil. 4: 13 I think that says it all, for me.

2. I want my girls to be happy and pursue their dreams. I agree with John Candy in "Uncle Buck"..."I don't want to know a six year old who isn't a dreamer." Or a 16 year old, or a 26 year old... I think you can follow your dreams and be a success in life...and we need to learn how to encourage and guide our children without pressuring them so much. Growing up is pressure enough...just my opinion:-) I am a dreamer...and happy. Fortunately for my girls, their father is very practical, so maybe it will all work out in the end. A bit of both.

3. I am a last minute, fly by the seat of my pants type of person. I know this drives people crazy...it drives me crazy...but I seem to be unable to plan ahead. It stresses me out. But I do appreciate it in the end when someone knows me and "convinces"me to make a plan...or should I say "begs" me. haha I have never found a planner or calendar that works for me but I live in hope. (I always was a "cram before an exam" type of person....what can I say?)

4. When I was in high school, I spent many Friday nights, when other kids were out at parties, games or whatever, hanging out with my Grandma in her little apartment. I would bring take-out for dinner and we would talk and watch her favorite shows like Judge Wapner, Wheel of Fortune, Candid Camera...and laugh our heads off. From time to time, I did ask myself what I was doing, but she was always one of my favorite people, so why not be with her. Now when I look back, I wouldn't trade those days for anything in the world. If I could spend one more day with someone who has passed, it would be her. She never met my girls and I know she would have loved some very long talks with Jordie and watching silly shows with Taylor. I miss her...but at least I have those memories and will see her again someday.

5. One of my favorite quotes is by Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis, "If you bungle raising your children, I don't think whatever else you do matters very much."

6. I have always wanted to write a children's book. I would really love to do it with my girls, so I better get started. (See #8) HaHaHa.

7. Random favorite things: My favorite scents are vanilla, coconut, orange blossoms and gardenias. I love cute flip-flops. My favorite color is pink. I am crazy about charm bracelets...new and vintage. Love Disney. Love people who know who they are and do not pretend. I am so blessed to have my parents. Hate attitudes...unless they are good:-) I never like how my hair is cut and come home to chop at it myself. (I know, it looks like it:-)

8. I actually think I have way too many interests/hobbies/ideas and often don't get started or don't finish a project because I am already moving on to the next idea. Maybe this shouldn't bother me...but it does.

9. I know almost all of the lines in Napolean Dynamite...I know this is scary, but it's true:-)

10. I love antiques and flea-markets, but not the cheesy kind. Someday, I would LOVE to visit the Paris Flea Market and if I could, I would open a little boutique of things I find there. P.S. Yes, I love shabby chic. Rachel Ashwell is my decorating hero:-)

11. I like cookie dough better than cookies. I think it is best to eat ice cream that is slightly melted...especially Haagen Dazs Deep Chocolate Peanut Butter.

12. I shoplifted once...and got busted. I was 5 years old and stole a pack of popsicle sticks because I wanted my Mom to make caramel apples and she said no. They fell out of my pants in the check out line, right in front of the cashier. It was a baaaaaad afternoon:-)

13. I make a lot of mistakes...every day, it seems. But I know how to apologize and think that is so important in life.

14. I was a serious tomboy growing up. I especially loved football...playing and watching. I was sure that I would be the first female player in the NFL...and then the first female broadcaster. What was I thinking??????? Guess I should have tried harder at my piano lessons:-)

15. I love throwing children's parties and almost started a business after being asked to help plan so many for preschools and children of friends. I was going to name it "Polka Dot Parties" because I love polka dots...to me they spell "happy". I gave up on the idea after realizing that I was a control freak and very Martha Stewart-like. The mom had to agree that every tiny detail had to be coordinated and go with the theme. I knew that would be a tough one. Also, I had a hard time keeping to a budget. Go figure:-)

16. I love being a Mom to my 2 incredible girls. Sometimes I think I should be "doing" more but then I look at them and realize that they are my greatest joy and accomplishment...and I want to appreciate every moment I have with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

So, what do ya think? Do tell...I'd love to hear it:) Be Happy...

Follow Me on Pinterest

Blog Top Sites