Sunday, January 11, 2009

Life at the Zoo...

You probably thought I meant my life but I am really talking about the zoo. HaHa!!!
Friday, we took the afternoon off and went on a field trip to the Naples Zoo. It's a small zoo and while we are not really zoo people...it was a great day! They had a small but good selection of animals and most important (to my animal lover Taylor) they all lived in large areas so they could at least "pretend" to be free.
When we went near the Lions, we were the only ones there and the male lion started roaring like crazy. People came running from all over to see and hear this ferocious animal, asking how we got him to do that. I don't know...maybe he likes blondes:-)
We saw 2 monkeys who were hysterical. Their names are Jeffrey and Taylor and they are "married". They live on their little island, swinging through trees and walking around holding hands. At sunset, they climb their favorite tree and once the sun has set, they walk hand in hand to their little hut. It was the funniest thing.










The alligators were massive...and scary. This is what we share our state with? (There are over 1 million alligators in Florida) I have to say, our favorites were the zebras. I mean, they are really beautiful. And check out the perfection of their stripes:-) You should have heard my girls as I climbed on a bench to get this shot without the fence in the way..."Mom, you're the only one taking a picture of the Zebra's butt." Or "This is so embarrasing!!!" I told them it would be the photo of the day...and I believe I was right:-) It was a fun day and it reminded me that you are never too old to enjoy the zoo."Do these stripes make my butt look big???"

1 comment:

So, what do ya think? Do tell...I'd love to hear it:) Be Happy...

Follow Me on Pinterest

Blog Top Sites