Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Mom's Cherry~Chocolate Cake Recipe

My Mom and Dad came for Christmas this year and my Mom made the desserts. We had her delicious pecan pie and she brought a chocolate cake that was unbelievable!!! It was the moistest, most flavorful cake I've had in a long time. It looks like your ordinary chocolate cake with chocolate frosting but it is soooo much more. Here is the recipe:

Cherry Chocolate Cake
  • 1 Box Choc. cake mix
  • 1 can cherry pie filling
  • 2eggs, beat separately
  • 1/2 bag mini choc. chips (One Cup)

  • Mix together, put in Jelly Roll pan.
  • Bake at 350 for 28-38 minutes
  • Cool, frost with can of chocolate frosting
  • Enjoy!

And speaking of Chocolate & Cherry...
I've decided on the color scheme for my Christmas tree and decorating next year. Chocolate and Cherry...with accents of creamy white...starfish, artificial snow, snowflakes and tons of white lights. These are some of the ornaments I got for CHEAP at Target and the rest are already packed away. Of course, I am counting on having a creamy white room again and a red slipcover for my sofa.:-)


Also, I saw the CUTEST idea for a wreath...too late for me this year but definitely next year. Buy a round styro wreath form. Buy a bunch of small round styrofoam balls and attach them to the wreath with toothpicks. Spray the styro balls with artificial snow and Voila...you have a snowball wreath. Hang with a beautiful red ribbon and it will look awesome!



No comments:

Post a Comment

So, what do ya think? Do tell...I'd love to hear it:) Be Happy...

Follow Me on Pinterest

Blog Top Sites