Thursday, April 16, 2009

3 Things that made me HAPPY today!

You know how they say it isn't the big things, but the little things that can make your day. Well, I'm having one of those days. First, I finally watched Susan Boyle's audition on Britain's Got Talent...and what can I say, she made me smile, laugh and cry. Thank you to the others who have posted it...now it's my turn to pass it on to a few people. Please click on this link to check it out. You'll be so HAPPY you did:-)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lp0IWv8QZY

Next, while buying a few things at my favorite little grocery store, Fresh Market, I saw the most beautiful Gardenia plants. I LOVE GARDENIAS!!!!! As soon as I walked in the door, I cold smell their beautiful scent...and put one in my cart. I've been wanting one of these ever since I moved 2 years ago. I used to have them by my front porch and would smell them when I walked out to get my morning paper. So nice...happy again:-)

The third thing to make my day was discovering these treats in the frozen section at the market...milk chocolate covered bananas. OH MY GOSH...they are so good. We went crazy over them on this hot, sunny day. Here's the thing...I always thought these would be so gross so I've never tried them. Lately, my daughter has been slicing bananas and freezing them briefly for a snack so I gave these a try. They're 130 calories...not bad considering a good chunk of that comes from a banana, right? They also have dark chocolate ones so I'm trying those next. Dark chocolate is supposed to be good for you and a banana isn't all bad...so this must be an OK diet food. Maybe??? Let's hope:-)

Anyway, pay attention to the small things today...and Be Happy!

P.S. Freddy would like to thank all of his loyal fans who wished him a Happy Birthday. He got a new bone and stuffed dinosaur, so he's a happy boy:-)

9 comments:

  1. Wasn't she incredible? I had tears rolling down my face after watching her yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah! I loved her too.
    Your frozen banana treats sound healthy to me :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I, too, watched the video this morning... and sat and cried. From happiness! She has a beautiful, pure voice!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never heard of her, but she was fantastic!!!!
    Those bananas sound great too. They are building a Fresh Market near me, and I can't wait.
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  5. I still can't get over Susan Boyle. She had me at "I dream...I dream..."

    ReplyDelete
  6. she was amazing wasn't she! I bought those chocolate covered bananas and my kiddo didn't like them, he insisted on having them too. You know what makes me happy skinny cow ice cream cones!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'll have to look for the chocolate covered bananas. My daughter loves to put chocolate sauce or hot fudge on her bananas. She doesn't freeze them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My jaw just dropped when I heard her sing. Such an amazing voice and she looks like a very nice lady.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love The Fresh Market and gardenias as well...and those are beautiful. That Susan Boyle...now that was amazing!

    ReplyDelete

So, what do ya think? Do tell...I'd love to hear it:) Be Happy...

Follow Me on Pinterest

Blog Top Sites