Monday, April 13, 2009

Say Yes to Treasured Moments

Today, I had the pleasure of taking my 2 beautiful girls for tea. What a treat! Taylor, my 14 year old, loves tea and everything old-fashioned. She was as happy as I have ever seen her. Jordie likes tea too but went along more as a good sister...and ended up having a wonderful time.

We visited a sweet little place called Brambles Tea House in Naples, FL. It is a lovely little place owned by an English couple. All I can say is if you are ever in Naples...

Taylor and I had the Pumpkin Cream tea and Jordie had the Caribbean tea. Both were good but we especially loved the coconut flavor in Jordie's tea. We had the most incredible scones and Jane, our waitress, explained how to eat them. First, you split them in half horizontally, spread the strawberry preserves and on top of that, the devonshire cream. Finish by placing a sliced strawberry on top. And DO NOT put the halves back together sandwich style:-)

Anyway, we had such a great time. I kept thinking how special moments like this are. My girls are growing up so fast. Like everyone else, I had a million other things to do today but I am so happy I said "yes" when they asked to spend the day this way. Sometimes, I have no choice but to say no, so I think they were as surprised as I was that I agreed to their request.

My suggestion to you...before automatically saying no to your child's request, stop and think if there is any way to say yes. Sometimes there isn't...but many times there is. I will always remember the special day that we had because for once I said "yes".

12 comments:

  1. What a wonderful way to spend a day! Naples sound and looks like a lovely place to live.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds fun! I can sooo imagine having tea with my 2 rumbustious boys!! It'll be like having 2 bulls in a china shop.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh what a special day with your girls! My mom, sister and I love going to tea. I'm glad you were able to take time to enjoy each others company!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute blog you have. We have a lot in common, us and our chicks. That looked like a wonderful afternoon. It's definitely worth the effort to do special little memory making things like that now and then. Thanks for signing up to follow my blog:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I love tea, and NAPLES!! Do you live in Naples? One of my best friends and her husband lives in Naples. We visit 1 or 2 times every year. I was just there over President's week. Such beautiful daughters, and looks like a very special day!
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww, thank you for all of the sweet comments. It was a very special day and I'm really happy that came through in my message.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great day with your girls! I have two girls, ages 5 and 8 now, and I love doing little things like this with them. Thanks for your reminder at the end, I need to remember to keep myself open to those moments when they come up!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How lovely! It's great when you actually get the time to share moments like this with your kids. It is so important to cherish the time we have with our kids.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I wish I had a girl to have tea with :(
    this looks like so much fun.

    ReplyDelete

So, what do ya think? Do tell...I'd love to hear it:) Be Happy...

Follow Me on Pinterest

Blog Top Sites