This is the little boy I never had so bear with me, please. Freddy deserves this, after 6 years of being dressed up in tu-tu's, pushed in doll strollers and riding in Barbie jeeps, trust me:-)
I decided to share one of my favorite pieces of
"dog wisdom", in honor of him. Happy Birthday Freddy Boom-Boom! (That's right, he was named after a famous golfer, Freddy Couples:-)
Things A Dog Can Teach Us
1. Never pass up the opportunity to go for a joyride.
2. Delight in the simple joy of a long walk.
3. When loved ones come home, always run to greet them.
4. Eat with gusto and enthusiasm.
5. If what you want lies buried, dig until you find it.
6. Allow the experience of fresh air and the wind in your face to be pure ecstasy.
7. Be loyal. Run, romp and play daily.
8. When someone is having a bad day, be silent, sit close by and nuzzle them gently.
9. Avoid biting when a simple growl will do.
10. When you're happy, dance around and wag your entire body.
11. No matter how often you're scolded, don't buy into the guilt thing and pout...run right back and make friends.
12. When it's in your best interest, practice obedience.
13. Let others know when they've invaded your territory.
14. Take naps and stretch before rising.
15. Never pretend to be something you're not.
16. Thrive on attention and let people touch you.
17. On hot days, drink lots of water and lay under a shady tree.