Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Dog Wisdom

Today, my little guy is 6 years old. Yep...he's a tax day baby!:-) I know what you're thinking...another post about my dogs. You had to expect this...I mean, he had a 3rd birthday party with my daughter and her friends...and he was on the cake! He's just a little spoiled:-)

This is the little boy I never had so bear with me, please. Freddy deserves this, after 6 years of being dressed up in tu-tu's, pushed in doll strollers and riding in Barbie jeeps, trust me:-)

I decided to share one of my favorite pieces of
"dog wisdom", in honor of him. Happy Birthday Freddy Boom-Boom! (That's right, he was named after a famous golfer, Freddy Couples:-)

Things A Dog Can Teach Us
Author Unknown

1. Never pass up the opportunity to go for a joyride.

2. Delight in the simple joy of a long walk.

3. When loved ones come home, always run to greet them.

4. Eat with gusto and enthusiasm.

5. If what you want lies buried, dig until you find it.

6. Allow the experience of fresh air and the wind in your face to be pure ecstasy.

7. Be loyal. Run, romp and play daily.

8. When someone is having a bad day, be silent, sit close by and nuzzle them gently.

9. Avoid biting when a simple growl will do.

10. When you're happy, dance around and wag your entire body.

11. No matter how often you're scolded, don't buy into the guilt thing and pout...run right back and make friends.

12. When it's in your best interest, practice obedience.

13. Let others know when they've invaded your territory.

14. Take naps and stretch before rising.

15. Never pretend to be something you're not.

16. Thrive on attention and let people touch you.

17. On hot days, drink lots of water and lay under a shady tree.

9 comments:

  1. awwww, he is too cute... I like Freddy... he could play with Charlie but Charlie thinks he is a cat... lol... but the tutu, is tutu cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cutie. Happy Birthday Freddy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your furry child. Also love your new look! You have really taken off like a shot! How did you do all your pretty gadgets? A feast for the eyes and your posts, always for the soul. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. He's SO cute!! I love the pic of him in the tutu...the look on his face is classic!! Oh and I love that he gets the front seat in the Barbie car!!

    Happy birthday to Freddie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. HAPPY BIRTHDAY FREDDY!!!! He is so flippin' cute! I love the wisdom too. Did you say it is your daughter's birthday also? Well, Happy Birthday to her too!
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday, Freddy! You deserve your special day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday Freddy!
    He's adorable, yeah he totally deserved a special post of his own. I must say though Pink is a nice color on him lol!
    We have a beagle named Fred.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love doggie post--We have a baby yorkie that is 4 months old. Thanks for coming by!

    ReplyDelete

So, what do ya think? Do tell...I'd love to hear it:) Be Happy...

Follow Me on Pinterest

Blog Top Sites